HOME Buyer Do's & Don't's
Looking for a new home? Follow these helpful tips to put yourself in the best position to buy your next home!
- Do spend wisely
- Do get pre-qualified
- Do review your credit report
- Do keep cash in the same account for the next few months
- Do pay down credit cards and debt as much as possible
- Do ask questions when you are unsure before taking action steps
- Do continue making rent / mortgage payments
- Do start saving money
- Don’t change jobs
- Don’t finance another car
- Don’t open up new credit cards or loan accounts
- Don’t purchase a home at the top of your budget
- Don’t fall in love with a home before you contract
- Don’t move money around between bank accounts
- Don’t pay off collections or charge-offs
- Don’t co-sign for others
- Don’t max out credit cards
- Don’t make cash deposits
- Don’t make late payments
Get Started Now!
Shonda can help guide you to your next home! Reach out today to get started on the journey from house to home.